Saturday 1 May 2010

Washington DC - Saturday 05/01/10

Notice the date, I need to write this way now as this is how the American's do it. It's hot, hot, hot. We arrived around 7pm on Friday evening and it was a lovely warm night. We went out for a meal and found the most fabulous fish restaurant. The only downside was the extremely loud American woman sitting next to me, it felt like she was sitting on my lap as all I could tune into was her grating American drawl!!!!!! What have I done?!

Today, Saturday, we walked the length and breadth of the city. We took in the usual sights
  • White House
  • Washington Monument
  • Smithsonian Institute
  • Air & Space Museum
  • Library of Congress
  • US Capitol Building
  • Union Station
I joined the Library of Congress! You can take the girl out of the library but you can't take the library out of the girl! The building is simply amazing and immaculate, puts Bristol to shame really but I guess I shouldn't compare the two.

Back at the hotel now nursing aching feet and trying to rehydrate, my face looks like I am a hardened drinker it's that red - no comments please.

Our plan tomorrow is to visit Arlington Cemetery which will take most of the day, then a visit to the Embassy for our pre Little Rock briefing.

No comments:

Post a Comment